Delivering for Desborough - the first in a series of blogs that will showcase how your local Conservative Town, Borough and County Councillors have been delivering for our area's towns and villages on your behalf.
Delivering for our local roads:
Your local Town, County and Borough Councillors have been working tirelessly on your behalf to secure vital and long-overdue road repairs and improvements in Desborough. Here are some recent 'success stories':
- A new pedestrian crossing from Desborough library to the health centre has been installed.
- Princes Avenue and Lower King Street have recently been resurfaced.
- Traffic calming in Station Road has been implemented with the introduction of a 20mph limit and resurfacing.
- Mayfield Road has been converted from concrete to a full tarmac road after decades of complaints.
We will continue to work on your behalf to improve our local streets for the benefit of motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
Delivering for our Local Leisure:
We are delighted to have been able to deliver numerous improvements to our local leisure facilities over the years, for the benefit and wellbeing of Desborough's residents.
The Skate Park is a very popular community hub and a positive investment, delivered in 2017 by the Conservative Town Council at the time. The outdoor gyms in the recreation ground and Green Space have also been warmly welcomed by residents, along with outdoor table tennis equipment at Havelock School.
A lasting legacy of the late Cllr David Soans, who served our community for many years and supported the funding of this equipment.
More ways in which we have been able to Deliver for Desborough:
- County Cllr Allan Matthews purchased a 'vehicle activated speed camera' to encourage safety through our residential streets.
- Secured block paving between the shops and library to improve this well-used area.
- Funded a defibrillator at the Marlow House Community Centre.
- Funded replacement signs at the Pocket Park.
- Contributed to the renovation of the Historic Town Cross.
- Funded physio tables for Desborough Town FC.
Your local Conservative councillors are on hand to assist you - working in partnership to continue Delivering for Desborough.
(Photo credits: Cllrs Allan Matthews and Mike Tebbutt).